Adage is an award-winning web and software development firm located in downtown Chicago. We create engaging custom websites, software and mobile solutions for a wide range of clients. We are a growing company and are looking for a UX Designer to join our team.
As a UX Designer, you will join our current UX Team to help architect and design user interfaces for our client organizations. We engage closely with clients to understand what they want to achieve through their website and then work with our own developers and designers to bring those ideas to life.
Our UX Designer will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different organizations and will utilize a variety skills from their UX tool belt. The position will involve work in information architecture, prototyping, wireframing, user research, usability testing, user interface design and graphic design, among much more.
What you'll be doing:
- Consulting with clients and key stakeholders to define business requirements and what problem they are trying to solve
- Defining user goals and requirements by devloping personas, wireframes, protoypes and user flows/scenarios
- Developing sitemaps and high fidelity prototypes
- Collaborating closely with all members of our internal team to ensure our applications and websites provide the best user experience possible
- Developing, defining and refining best practices and processes as they relate to UX
We want someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in one of the creative arts, Digital Media, Human and Computer Interaction, etc. or equivalent work experience
- Has practically applied their UX skills outside of school, whether it be in a professional setting, through freelance projects or simply in your own time
- Can effectively communicate designs to team members, articulate design decisions to clients and effectively manage workloads to meet deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to UX
- Works often with wireframing tools, especially Axure
- Is proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS